Digital mammography is a specialized form of mammography that uses digital receptors and computers instead of x-ray film to help examine breast tissue for breast cancer.
3D TOMOSYNTHESIS : Tomosynthesis is a three-dimensional examination that can minimize the effects of structural overlap.
Limitation of Conventional Mammography
- The decreased sensitivity in women with dense breast tissue.
- Poor specificity with recall rates up to 10% for negative or benign findings.
- False-positive findings often lead to unnecessary follow-up studies and /or biopsies.
- Additional tests can lead to additional cost and anxiety for the patients.
Advantages of Digital Mammography with 3D Tomosynthesis
- Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) allows Low Dose Radiation examinations of Patient.
- Better Contrast Resolution & Accurate diagnosis.
- Extremely fast & facilitates Quick Reporting.
- Reduce repeat exposures due to motion artifacts.
- Reduce dependence on previously required additional mammographic views.
- Record Keeping.
Advantages of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- A reduction in the tissue overlap leading to increase sensitivity and specificity of breast cancer detection.
- Improves detection and characterization of breast lesions especially in women with dense breast.
- This improvement in diagnostic accuracy can be achieved by enhanced detection of lesions, improvement in the analysis of the margins of a lesion and precise localization of a lesion.
NM Offers 3D Digital Mammograpgy with Tomosynthesis at Marine Lines & Khar centres.
Other Available Services
Needle Procedures in Breast Biopsy
- Core Needle Biopsy
- Fine Needle Aspiration - FNA
- Hook Wire Localization
- Vacuum Assisted Biopsy –VAB
Launch event with Guest of Honour, Twinkle Khanna